REMINDER: OFF SOCIAL MEDIA UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE FOR SELF-CARE – SELF-CARE NEEDS AND HOW YOU CAN SUPPORT ME
As stated before, and now confirmed by Drs, I have had a nervous breakdown and am under STRICT doctors’ (plural) instructions to not help anyone but me right now. #sorrynotsorry (None of this is personal towards you, and I need to be this “strict” and assertive with my needs (for obvious reasons).
Just know that I know my own neurodiversity and mental illness SO well by now, I know what to do and when to do it, even if sometimes a bit too late. And I am getting professional help and then some, and my Doc says I do what they would have told me to do anyway, but help me with med interactions and the infinite counterinteractions of psych meds and adrenal fatigue recovery meds.
They also agree that getting healthy for top surgery and not delaying the surgery is what I need right now for my continued recovery. So I’m aware of ALL the infinite possibilities and am on the right path. So I WILL be ok. Thank you
Things I will NOT be doing or entertaining at all:
– Checking Facebook. AT ALL. Contact FTM, Trans Men/Guys & Masculine Nonbinary ONLY 🇿🇦 or Transgender SOFFA’s South Africa/Africa for any queries/help/advice.
– Checking Instagram/Twitter, etc. etc. AT ALL.
– Responding to emails that involve helping others or doing things for others.
What I CAN manage and NEED:
While I need self-care and a social media break, I know you also want to support me and that love is an integral ally to self-care and I know that not allowing you access to support me is selfish and only hurts me (nose, face, spite). I also NEED your love and support, with boundaries (boundaries are the biggest self-care lesson I need to learn). PLEASE ONLY send messages of support WITHOUT asking how I am, because that explanation process is beyond me right now, as 10-12 people asking the same question is exhausting, as much as I TRULY appreciate it!
BUT: Please do not think that giving me space means NOT contacting me. You are not intruding. I can choose to read when I can, answer when I can, answer with text if I can, or just with 💜💜💜 when that’s all I can manage. Messages of love, my thoughts are with you, you’re amazing or even GIFs, pug pics and emojis are good. There are no “right/wrong words”, but rule of thumb is just say that you don’t know what to say because there is no quick fix, but words, emojis, visits, meals, tea (not coffee😫) AND CAKE or lunch outings that are the equivalent of holding my hand and just silently showing your support are THE BEST way to show me love right now. Like I said, boundaries (yours and mine), and within your self-care need boundaries and mine), I WILL need, during this mental health and top surgery recovery, to get out of my head and bed. SPOON TRIBE especially WELCOME!!!
How you can (PLEASE DO!!!) contact me and/or stay up to date with my news: IF, AND ONLY IF, YOU YOURSELF HAVE SPOONS
– WhatsApp/Email: if you have my number/email and I will answer when spoons allow. (Please message rather than call, or message to ask if you can call).
– Instagram: will check DMs from time to time. If you request my WhatsApp/email details there, I can say yes or no, and know it has nothing to do with you and everything to do with my health.
– Facebook Messenger: it’s a separate app to Facebook so I can check it when spoons allow to access messages of support. I am on Messenger even if it keeps saying I’m not. If you request my Whatsapp/email details there, I can say yes or no, and know it has nothing to do with you and everything to do with my health.
– WordPress: I’ll keep a surgery and mental health journal for my own sake as part of self-care. So if you want to keep up with what’s happening, it will be there: germainedelarch.wordpress.com WordPress also automatically posts to my Twitter @Life_Writ_Large and my Life Writ Large Facebook page if you’re not a WordPresser. I’ve also realised that because I’m not and never have been a Twitter addict, I’ll tweet from time to time as inspiration for blog posts.
LOVE YOU ALL AND WILL MISS YOU, & THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING Catch you on the flipside.